Friday, May 21, 2010

Accomplishment

Yesterday I compiled a bunch of pictures of STI secretions, and wrote notes about them to compile into a booklet. (Be impressed. I did it all in Spanish. I know. Amazing.) The booklet is for identification purposes to use at the different brothels, as a way to engage the sex workers in the conversation about what different STIs look like. It should be a starting point to finding out what kind of interests they have in talking about further…expanding into more sexual health and beyond the time they will spend in the sex industry.

I went to a copy shop today to make the copies. We printed them, contact papered them, and bound them all at the shop (during the sporadic torrential downpours).



There are some GREAT pictures in there, let me tell you!



Oh, and just so you are all jealous of my IPSP, we did this a tad hung over. The aforementioned Swedish girl and her novio are moving to Sweden and had a going away party last night, where I practiced mucho español. Toda la noche! Creo que mi español es mas mejor después de algunas cervezas.



Oh, one more thing. Amanda rescued a dog. He needs a home. There is a possibility I will bring him to the states.



Can’t leave out the other dog. Amanda’s dog, Barack (after the profit, so I don’t know if that’s spelled correctly):

5 comments:

  1. Your espanol is muy bueno! I miss tu cara! Hasta luego...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I've been working on my spanish too. I am having a cervesa right now myself. Your father is selecting the seven nouns he'll master for his trip to Panama. Beyond that, he's working on this: "Uno mas cervesa pour favor." Other than that, nothing interesting here....not like for you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish you would have taken pictures of the copy guy when he saw the pictures in your lovely booklet!

    miss you!

    ReplyDelete